Meet the new King of DCDC charging! The Adventure Kings 20A DCDC charger.
Designed, engineered and tested in Australia and developed over the last five years – this DCDC charger is ready to take your 12V dual battery system to the next level.
Built to withstand extreme heat and harsh vibrations, The Adventure Kings DCDC charger uses industrial grade components made in Japan and the USA from companies including Panasonic, Texas Instruments and Linear Technologies. It’s been designed, prototyped, tested, revised and improved for over a year before being launched. Prior to that, earlier evolutions have been on the market for around 5 years. To say this is high quality is an understatement, we’re confident it’s one of the best DCDC chargers on the market.
Everything from wiring up the first prototypes to designing circuit boards and even overseeing production and quality control was performed by an Aussie based Engineering and R+D company – Intelliquip Solutions. With multiple decades of experience in the electronics and engineering fields, as well as being 4WDers and campers themselves, Intelliquip Solutions were the perfect team to lead up this project. Along with the research, development and testing team at Adventure Kings we’re all incredibly excited to launch this high quality and innovative bit of gear onto the market.
These are all the reasons that the Adventure Kings DCDC charger is a winner:
– DESIGNED, TESTED AND ENGINEERED IN AUSTRALIA – Every step of development was achieved in-house in Australia, including writing over 10,000 lines of coding, designing the unique circuit boards and housings, dozens of stages of prototypes, component selection and all the laboratory and real world testing.
– EXTREME TEMPERATURE, FULL OUTPUT (ETFO) CHARGING TECHNOLOGY – Adventure Kings DCDC Chargers can output their stated 20Amps of charge even in constant, extremely hot ambient temperatures of up to 60°C* and internal temperatures around 90°C*
– TRUE MULTI-STAGE VARIABLE CHARGING – Able to input from 11.9-25V and vary output voltage and current this is a buck/boost converter that takes advantage of sophisticated charging profiles and curves. Over 10,000 lines of coding were written in house to ensure excellent charging across the board
– RECOVERS SERIOUSLY DISCHARGED BATTERIES – If the Adventure Kings DCDC charger detects over 5V it will attempt to charge and revive the battery. This is a much lower value than many other chargers and could save you hundreds rather than having to buy another battery on the off chance you discharge it too much!
– INDUSTRIAL GRADE COMPONENTS – Industrial grade components are a step above commercial grade and are rated to suit higher working temperatures
– MULTI CHEMISTRY BATTERY SELECTION – Suitable for Flooded Lead Acid / GEL, Calcium and AGM deep cycle batteries
– SMART ALTERNATOR MODE – Adjust voltage cut off and isolator function with the smart alternator mode to suit modern vehicles or for use in trailers and caravans
– LED INDICATOR LIGHTS – Shows connections, charging status and any error codes through dual colour LEDs
– DOUBLE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE SENSOR – Reporting back to the charging chip, two temperature sensors monitor different parts of the circuit board and electronics to protect and regulate the unit for high efficiency and longevity
– EXTERNAL BATTERY TERMINAL MOUNTED TEMPERATURE PROBE – Rather than resting against the battery or using ambient temperature, the Adventure Kings DCDC charger always uses an accurate and precise reading of the actual battery temperature for safe and effective charging every time.
– BUILT-IN PROTECTIONS – Properly protected against reverse polarity, short circuiting, under/over voltage, over current as well as over temperature and battery under/over temperature.
– TOUGH ALUMINIUM HOUSING – Will survive harsh conditions and engineered with built in heat sink for excellent passive cooling
– TESTED ACROSS AUSTRALIA – With more than 5 years of heritage and over 12 months of testing on this design alone, the Adventure Kings DCDC charger has been tested across Australia from East to West as well as in the lab in extreme heat and cold.
– ULTRASONICALLY SOLDERED, SOLID COPPER LUGS – We’ve innovated a new way to mount high-current wires to circuit boards for the ideal electrical connection and so it’s rugged enough to take on Australian off-road conditions.
– HEAVY DUTY, HIGH QUALITY WIRING – All approved for electronics use and approved by the underwriters laboratory USA
*tested under lab conditions by IntelliQuip Solutions.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN A 25 AMP MODEL WITH BUILT IN MPPT SOLAR REGULATOR!